By cleverly organising the visual elements of clothes and their design, you can manipulate the way your body is perceived and make yourself appear taller. To beat up your height disadvantages when you are on a job interview or a romantic date, follow these tips:
Have the hair style that makes you appear taller. In order to appear taller, a hair style should be thin at the sides and higher up top, which can make you appear as much as an inch taller. Do not have any wide hair style. Also, a bald head can makes a person appear shorter.
· Avoid clothes with horizontal lines. Belts are horizontal so make sure you conceal it in your clothes. Avoid clothes with a tartan or checked pattern. Avoid cuffs that makes your legs appear shorter.
· Wear clothes with vertical lines or striping. Vertical lines or stripping make a person appear thinner, and thinness in turn gives impression of more height.
· Avoid wearing sharply contrasting clothes and pants together, these will easily expose the real length of your legs and make you look shorter.
· Wear clothes with shoulder pads. Shoulder pads make your shoulders appear broader and your whole body slender.
· Wear shoes that will make you appear taller. If you are a female, this should be easy since you can find a lot of female shoes with 2 or 3 inches’ heels. For males, wear shoes with thick soles to add the illusion of height.
· Avoid clothes that are made from heavy and bulky fabric. They add width and hence shorten the image visually.
· Wear cuffless pants to make the legs look longer.
· Wear a coat or jacket that is of the perfect length. They should end where the buttocks meet the legs.
· Match your pants’ colour with your shoes colour to make the legs look longer.
· Lengthen your upper torso by wearing a belt that matches your top.
· Dark colours such as black, navy blue, and charcoal grey projects power and competency. Lighter colours make you appear more approachable. If you want a commanding and confident image, try wearing dark colors.